Re: [Evolution] Viewing attachments in Evo?

On Tue, 2009-06-23 at 11:06 -0400, Matthew Barnes wrote:
On Tue, 2009-06-23 at 07:43 -0400, Jim McKean wrote:
> I don't think I have received a pdf in the last 6 months that I can open
> inside Evolution.  It's rather annoying, because I get many a day and I
> usually only need to open and review the content in them, not save them.
> It is part of an approval workflow process.

It would help if you specified the Evolution version you're running, as
attachment handling underwent a major rewrite between 2.26 and 2.27.

I had exactly the same issue on Ubuntu Intrepid 8.04 with Evolution 2.24. I don't think it happened immediately after I upgraded to Intrepid. But in any case my upgrade to Ubuntu Jaunty 9.04 with Evolution 2.26 fixed the issue.

Double clicking the saved files from Nautilus would start the correct application, so it appears to be something that was specific to Evolution.

--
Han Pilmeyer
pilux_at_pilmeyer_dot_nl