Re: [Evolution] Viewing attachments in Evo?

I don't think I have received a pdf in the last 6 months that I can open
inside Evolution.  It's rather annoying, because I get many a day and I
usually only need to open and review the content in them, not save them.
It is part of an approval workflow process.

I have also noticed that I cannot open new Microsoft formats either --
the xlsx types.

I looked back at a few and they are all showing up as
application/octet-stream, and they have appropriate file extensions.

Nautilus fires up openoffice or evince to open either with no problem,
so getting the association right in Nautilus does not fix the problem in
Evolution.

The files come from a very diverse sources, most of whom are likely
using Outlook.

Does anyone know why these are attachments are causing this problem?  I
feel certain that PDFs have worked in the past.

Jim