Re: [Evolution] How Evolution formats top-post replies

On Mon, 2009-06-22 at 21:29 -0700, timzak wrote:
I still must manually
hit enter a couple of times, then move cursor back up to create space for my
reply.

You don't in fact have to do that.  You just think you do.

In case my explanation was not thorough, here is a typical top post reply.
I placed a "*" where Evolution places the cursor in such emails.

Right.  And if you just started typing at that point, all of your text
would be inserted *before* the "On Sat,...".  As you type, you will
continue to be typing before that text and when you are done typing your
own text, your final return will put that "On Sat..." line on it's own
line.  More returns would insert more blank lines.

Try it.

It would
be preferable if the cursor was placed on the line above.

Probably, but not technically necessary.

Otherwise, one
must go through the motions described above for each email one replies to.

Not *must*, but can.