Re: [Evolution] PST import plugin for Evolution added

On Thu, 2009-01-15 at 12:52 -0600, HggdH wrote:
On Thu, 2009-01-15 at 11:20 -0500, Art Alexion wrote:
On Thu, 2009-01-15 at 10:28 -0500, Bharath Acharya wrote:
I have committed a PST Importer for Evolution.

This is really good news.  How long before it makes it into a release?

This should be available on 2.26 (and is, right now, available on

BUT -- for us, in Ubuntu, we will need to repackage libpst and propose
it for inclusion in the main repository, in order to make it available.
I would expect this will be in the evolution-plugins-experimental (2.26)
package (in other words, in Jaunty).

I am currently checking on what is needed to be done.

Bharath -- the libpst patch you list: has it been proposed (& accepted)
upstream already? If not, could you tell us when it is? I would rather
have libpst packaged as pure as possible from upstream...
^^^ That's the commit for generating a shared library. The other patch
I'll make changes to the Evo code sometime soon to fix it up locally
than upstream in libpst. For now its a patch on top of libpst.

I'll build the new packages released and let you know the results.

Evolution-list mailing list
Evolution-list gnome org