Re: [Evolution] evolution crashing randomly

Am Freitag, den 27.02.2009, 17:25 +0000 schrieb Tom H:
On Fri, 2009-02-27 at 17:50 +0100, Thomas Mittelstaedt wrote:

P.S.: ... and don't forget to report all those little bugs to http://bugzilla.gnome.org.

I was wondering whether I can get some tips on getting a debug log or
core dump for a bug report, there doesn't seem to be a evolution-debug
package in the fedora 10 repos, and the --debug option is not revealing
much.

Tom

I start evolution with the following script, which I also put
into /opt/evo/bin

#!/bin/sh
#
# Put this file in your PATH and/or invoke it directly.
#
# - Enables full debugging (note!  Privacy concerns!)
# - Enables core dumps (ulimit)
# - Creates a new log directory for this instance of Evo
# - Cd's there to keep everything related to this run together
#
# You should clean out those log directories occasionally.

prefix='/opt/evo'

# Set up debugging.  Remember EVERYTHING!
E2K_DEBUG=5
CAMEL_DEBUG=all
export E2K_DEBUG CAMEL_DEBUG

# Allow for core dumps.
ulimit -c unlimited

# All our email is dumped with debugging, so set restrictive permissions
umask 0077

# Create a directory just for this run
logdir="$prefix/log/`date '+%Y%m%d.%H%M%S'`"
mkdir -p "$logdir"
cd "$logdir" || exit 1

# Run it
i=0
while [ -e "$logdir/evo.log.$i" ]; do
   i=`expr $i + 1`
done

killall bonobo-activation-server
#/opt/evo/bin/evolution --force-shutdown

exec "$prefix/bin/evolution-env" "gdb" -x "$prefix/.gdbinit"
"$prefix/bin/evolution" "$@"