Re: [Evolution] Evaluating Evolution- some basic questions [about the forced hyphens in signatures]

On Mon, 2009-02-23 at 13:11 +1100, Nick Jenkins wrote:
Second, note the one hyphen in my signature above the longer series
below?  I can't get rid of that "hovering hyphen."  I've edited my
signature, of course, but that hovering hyphen doesn't appear there.
How can I get rid of that?

I have a simple method of avoiding the hyphen issue that others might
find useful:  I don't use the signature feature of evolution.
Instead, I have a selection of various signature files (like the
one below) in my home directory.  To add a signature to a mail
I am composing, I use the "Insert" button and insert the signature
as a text file (I never send html mail).  Then the software doesn't
know it is a signature, but the recipient sees it as such.
Of course, this might take too long if you send dozens of emails
every day.

George Reeke, Ph.D.
Head, Laboratory of Biological Modelling
The Rockefeller University
1230 York Avenue
New York, NY  10065
phone:  (212)-327-7627