Re: [Evolution] Evo 2.24.3 bug list, by personal priority.

On Tue, 2009-02-24 at 08:53 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Tue, 2009-02-24 at 07:37 -0500, Art Alexion wrote:
I agree with Pete. Internet mail, at minimum, means ALL mail outside
your localhost or LAN.  In that context, it may simply be a synonym
for what we have come to call email.

I think this is true. At the time the RFC was written, there were
several non-Internet large-scale networks around, hard though that may
be to believe nowadays. Bitnet was one I remember (I won't describe
how
it worked for fear of upsetting those of a sensitive nature :-)

AOL, and don't forget Compuserve and Prodigy, the latter of which, if I
recall correctly, was originally a Sears & Robuck product.

--
Art Alexion
MIS