Re: [Evolution] all i want...

On Tue, 2009-02-03 at 09:24 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On 03/02/09 04:46, Pete Biggs wrote:
I think what I'm trying to say is that my feeling is that generally Evo
is not less stable now than it was before - there would be much, much
more grouching here if it were - but I get the impression that either
some "edge cases" are suffering or there are some particular oddities in
some isolated cases.

This is probably right. I have a couple of edge cases myself, e.g. I
mentioned one here a week or two ago, concerning an apparent intermitent
bug in \Unseen handling, but no-one else on this list commented. It can
also have problems with "Storing Folder" (someone on the Fedora list
posted a similar complaint and now has a BZ entry for it: 570294).

The 'Storing Folder' issue should be gone in 2.24.4. We now have a
sqlite-vfs that does async disk write, as what Mozilla does.

Sqlite db grows odd and slow over a period of months due to table
recreation etc, so you can try the following script once in a while
http://www.gnome.org/~sragavan/evolution-rebuild-summarydb

It vacuums the db. I'm looking to do it programmatic, but it makes lot
of difference.

-Srini.