Re: [Evolution] all i want...

On Mon, 2009-02-02 at 17:08 -0500, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
Is for evolution to be as stable as it was pre-2.24.0.

It's strange.  I see a few people on this list saying how unstable Evo
has been since 2.24.0 but to be honest I find exactly the opposite.  I
run both 2.22.x under FC9 and 2.24.x under FC10 and I get the feeling
that the 2.22 version I have is less stable than the 2.24 - certainly I
have to kill the 2.22 version more often than I have to kill the 2.24.

There are no doubt reasons for this: my FC9 install is at home on the
end of a DSL line, my FC10 is at work on a gigabit LAN;  I have a lot
more "toys" installed at home, but I have more "tools" installed at
work; and so on.  But there again, when I had FC9 installed at work, I
was killing Evo more than I am now.

I think what I'm trying to say is that my feeling is that generally Evo
is not less stable now than it was before - there would be much, much
more grouching here if it were - but I get the impression that either
some "edge cases" are suffering or there are some particular oddities in
some isolated cases.

Unfortunately this makes tracking down bugs much more difficult and
doesn't really help those who are having issues.

P.