Re: [Evolution] Problems with SMTP account info

On Tue, 2009-02-03 at 09:10 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On 03/02/09 07:34, Peter Privat wrote:
Hi,

I'm using Evolution 2.24.3 which is packaged with the Ubuntu Desktop
8.10. I have a problem and hope someone could help me out on this. I'm
currently using mail accounts from two different mail provider
companies. When sending mail, it looks like Evolution is always using
the SMTP account information from the Default mail account regardless of
what mail account I've selected from the dropdown list after "From:" in
the composer window. Changing the default mail account just because I
will send mail through a different mail provider, is very annoying.

Is there anyone who knows how to solve this?

I'm pretty sure it's a known bug (or "feature"). I guess you could set
up a local sendmail configuration to discriminate between different
providers, but not within Evo itself.

It's not what happens for me - I have two different SMTP servers setup
in my two main accounts.  It always sends via the correct SMTP route
depending on which account is in the From: box.

I use IMAP exclusively, is it different for POP where all the mail comes
into one mail box.

P.