Re: [Evolution] Problems with SMTP account info - mine works

On 03/02/09 07:34, Peter Privat wrote:
I'm using Evolution 2.24.3 which is packaged with the Ubuntu Desktop
8.10. I have a problem and hope someone could help me out on this. I'm
currently using mail accounts from two different mail provider
companies. When sending mail, it looks like Evolution is always using
the SMTP account information from the Default mail account regardless of
what mail account I've selected from the dropdown list after "From:" in
the composer window. Changing the default mail account just because I
will send mail through a different mail provider, is very annoying.

Is there anyone who knows how to solve this?

Hi Peter,
  Two accounts work fine on mine. I am also using Evolution 2.24.3 on
Ubuntu 8.10 with any updates. I have two accounts, one on Exchange Labs
and one on gmail. I only set it up this morning, and had problems with
Exchange, so I gave up and just got it to work with POP3 and smpt. Gmail
was working fine for send and receive, but Exchange wasn't sending until
I got the configuration right. After reading your message, I sent two
emails between the accounts, and after reading the headers I am pretty
sure that the sender account's smtp server is used, and not just the
default one. I also believe this would be refused by a decently setup
smtp server.
 Perhaps there is a problem with your settings, does the [check for
supported (authentication) types] work when you set up smtp for the
secondary account? Have you checked the headers? Are you working from
within a firewall (they can be nasty too)?
Cheers,
Nick