Re: [Evolution] all i want...

On Tue, 2009-02-03 at 09:05 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On 03/02/09 02:20, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
That's why I have some dozen or more bugs filed.

Doesn't it occur to you that giving actual references to these bugs
would add weight to your message?

I agree; when I was trying to help get Evo 2.20 and 2.22 stable with the
Exchange connector, I compiled a list of the bugs that were impacting
me, ordered them by priority (to me), and emailed them (including links
to the bugs) to the list every so often with updates, etc.  I think it
helped both publicize the issues and also let the devs know which bugs
were really causing on-going, significant problems.

Of course, the flip side of this was that I was doing constant local
builds of the latest code versions checked out from the tree, running my
local Evo built with debugging and no optimization to get the most out
of any backtrace, and had enabled full logging.  I often ran Evo under
GDB all the time.  I even ran it under valgrind a couple of times (talk
about SLOW!)  I was tracking the changelogs and trying to repro bugs as
changes were made.  If you put in the effort then in my experience the
devs really respond to that and try to help you.

My company just jumped to Exchange 2007 so I'd love to do the same thing
with the new Evo 2.26 and the MAPI connector... but work is absolutely
insane right now and I simply don't have the time; I'm barely getting
5hrs of sleep most nights as it is.  Right now I'm stuck using Outlook
in Crossover Linux.  Outlook sucks.  A lot.  I can't wait to bin it.

Any help you can provide in making that a reality would be greatly
appreciated! :-)