Re: [Evolution] Opening pdf attachments

Thanks to all. I think collectively you've given me good clarification
of something I was mis-understanding.

C.Nailz

On Wed, 2009-12-16 at 12:17 +0100, Milan Crha wrote:
On Wed, 2009-12-16 at 10:49 +0000, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

The email I'm focusing on included this statement in the message
source:
"This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not
understand this format, some or all of this message may not be
legible."
Why would Evolution not understand MIME format?

You're misreading the statement (which could be better phrased in
fact).
What it's saying is that Evo knows this is a MIME attachment but can't
figure out what type it is since the header doesn't say.

      Hi,
I believe the above "message" isn't shown in Evolution, it's in the
message source, and it's a fallback message in some multipart MIME
messages for readers, which doesn't support MIME format (are there still
any?). Evo supports it, thus doesn't show it, but shows the message
content.

Carpet, it's generated on the sender's side as well as the whole message
you see in message source.
      Bye,
      Milan