Re: [Evolution] Opening pdf attachments

I don't think it's the solution, though. In the case of the email with
two pdfs attached, they both are type=application/pdf (according to the
properties of the files once I save them to the desktop), yet one (in
the email) give me as options to open Evince, Acrobat, OpenOffice
writer, & GIMP; while the other (same type) only gives OOwriter/web and
gedit. (On the desktop they both give me the same set of apps to open
with: Evince, Acrobat, OpenOffice Writer and GIMP.)

But what are the mime types in the email - saving could well change the
mime type.  To see the source of the email, from which you should be
able to somewhere find the mimetypes, do Ctrl-U

P.