[Evolution] How do you install 2.29 on Ubuntu 9.10?

I want to try 2.29 to see what it has improved upon.  I have little experience with Linux.  I have Ubuntu 9.10.  I have downloaded the file and have extracted it.  However, I find no install or setup file as you would in Windows.  I still can't understand why in Linux such simple things are made so darn complicated.  How can I figure this program out if I can't even figure out how to install it?

Bryan