Re: [Evolution] How do you install 2.29 on Ubuntu 9.10?

On Wed, 2009-12-02 at 14:07 -0800, Bryan Karlan wrote:
I want to try 2.29 to see what it has improved upon.  I have little
experience with Linux.  I have Ubuntu 9.10.  I have downloaded the
file and have extracted it.  However, I find no install or setup file
as you would in Windows.  I still can't understand why in Linux such
simple things are made so darn complicated.  How can I figure this
program out if I can't even figure out how to install it?

Bryan

Perhaps you should figure out how things work in Linux? You need to
compile it. Compiling Evo isn't the simplest place/package to get
started on.