Re: [Evolution] Purge Old mail

Am Donnerstag, den 09.04.2009, 20:04 -0430 schrieb Patrick O'Callaghan:
You do realize that the Sent-date (i.e. the Date header) is set by the
sender and can be anything, right? I.e. it's not reliable as an
indicator of the message age. Recieved-Date is set by your local server
and is much more likely to be correct.

Thanks. I'll change that.

Incoming mail was filtered and labeled before, of course.
So, from time to time I go to this vfolder and expunge all mails with
Ctrl-E. I use the svn trunk version (2.26.1 right now) of evolution and
there is a little caveat, however. The contents of the vfolder are not
updated automatically. So, I have to right click the folder, go to
properties, modify e.g. the Sent-Date, close and reopen the dialog and
reset it to the desired Sent-Date and the vfolder gets updated.

Does this work on IMAP folders? I don't see how it can. The IMAP spec
defines Expunge as an operation on physical folders, i.e. there's no way
to expunge some messages in a physical folder and not others.

I use it only on local folders. I always move incoming mail arriving in
imap folders to a local INBOX.

thomas