Re: [Evolution] Importing Mail and Contacts from Thunderbird

I would suggest your last idea of not importing, at least to start.  Start
from scratch with Evolution and refer back to old email by loading up Tbird.
Do this for one month.  If you are happy enough with Evo to switch over,
then there are methods for importing emails.  I don't have any links handy,
but search Google with keywords "evolution+thunderbird+import".  There are a
number of howtos on the web to help you out.  I actually used one to
transfer my emails from Evolution TO Thunderbird, flawlessly.

Good luck.

Icedbun wrote:

Sorry if I am asking something obviousthat I should have found but I am
new to this program. I have had some problems with Thunderbird and its
development is rather slow and Evolution looks very good so I thought I
would swap. However, I have a great deal of mail and contacts and though
I could just start from scratch importing would be easier. Is there a
simple way to do this?

If not I shall still go ahead to use Evolution and the old mail will
have to sit in Thunderbird and I will see just how much use it is (none
is my guess but I can't just dump it!)

Thanks for any help.

Robert