[Evolution] Importing Mail and Contacts from Thunderbird

Sorry if I am asking something obviousthat I should have found but I am
new to this program. I have had some problems with Thunderbird and its
development is rather slow and Evolution looks very good so I thought I
would swap. However, I have a great deal of mail and contacts and though
I could just start from scratch importing would be easier. Is there a
simple way to do this?

If not I shall still go ahead to use Evolution and the old mail will
have to sit in Thunderbird and I will see just how much use it is (none
is my guess but I can't just dump it!)

Thanks for any help.

Robert