Re: [Evolution] Importing Mail and Contacts from Thunderbird

On Sun, 2008-09-14 at 11:12 +0100, Icedbun wrote:
Sorry if I am asking something obviousthat I should have found but I am
new to this program. I have had some problems with Thunderbird and its
development is rather slow and Evolution looks very good so I thought I
would swap. However, I have a great deal of mail and contacts and though
I could just start from scratch importing would be easier. Is there a
simple way to do this?

For a start, have you checked the FAQ? (http://www.go-evolution.org/FAQ)

Aside from that, much depends on whether your mail folders are local or
on an IMAP server. If the latter, changing to Evo is trivial: just
configure it to look at your existing folders. If the former, you need
to import the various local mailboxes (see the FAQ).

Migrating Contacts can also be done (see the FAQ). Migrating filters is
unfortunately essentially a manual task.

poc