[Evolution] Unread messages

OK,
I am a new Ubuntu user but am not exactly a newbie. I have used Linux sporadically over the last 10 years. I think my first kernel compile was a 2.0.29 on Redhat (4.2 I think). I have finally committed to making the switch to Linux thanks to VirtualBox so I can use AutoCAD. I have searched the mailing list archives and have not found a recent thread talking about a solution to an unread mail search folder. I filter all incoming messages to specific folders and it is cumbersome to have to browse through over 100 folders to find all of my new mail. I used Outlook ovr the last two years and found the unread mail search folder quite handy. Is there any way to implement this feature into Evolution?

Prior to using Outlook, I used a really powerful e-mail program called The Bat! and this program utilized keyboard shortcuts that would cross over folders. Personally this is the best option, but I have not seen any threads or other sources that address this. Is it possible, or if this shortcut does not exist, for an end user to implement this shortcut?

I would appreciate any input into my questions rasie or any user tips on how to better us Evo to navigate my unread messages better.

--
Chuck Smith