Re: [Evolution] HDU stop reply response lines from being prefixed by '>'
- From: "Reid.Thompson" <reid thompson ateb com>
- To: paul mad-scientist us
- Cc: evolution-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: [Evolution] HDU stop reply response lines from being prefixed by '>'
- Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 12:26:50 -0400
On Wed, 2008-09-17 at 12:21 -0400, Reid.Thompson wrote:
On Wed, 2008-09-17 at 11:58 -0400, Paul Smith wrote:
On Wed, 2008-09-17 at 11:06 -0400, Reid.Thompson wrote:
Setting $EDITOR to "gvim -f" results in invocation
Have you tried writing a script that runs gvim -f, then using that
script as $EDITOR?
I can't recall whether it's generally considered "OK" for $EDITOR to
contain any arguments; whether applications are required to parse it up
into words. Of course, probably they should just invoke system() with
the value inserted at the beginning... but if Evo tries to use fork/exec
directly instead you might hit this problem.
setting $EDITOR to a script to init a non-forking gvim does appear to
rthompso raker ~ $ cat ~/bin/viminit
gvim -f $*
First issue = email body is not editable in the composer that is
] [Thread Prev