Re: [Evolution] HDU stop reply response lines from being prefixed by '>'

On Wed, 2008-09-17 at 09:13 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Wed, 2008-09-17 at 08:49 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
Is there any scope for an option to convert all replies to plain
text
before editing rather than maintaining the HTML structure imposed by
less sophisticated email clients that other people use?

That would be good but of course it's not always possible to do it.

Sorry to reply to myself, but the ideal solution would be to allow
editor hooks or embedding, i.e. a way to use a configurable external
editor for messages without a lot of manual saving and reloading. This
has been requested as an enhancement more than once (I for one asked for
it years ago) and other mailers have it, e.g. Kmail, but I guess it's
not a high priority.

Personally I've always felt uncomfortable with the idea of a mailer
duplicating a lot of editor funcionality when there are perfectly good
editors out there that people already use.

poc