Re: [Evolution] Does Evolution really need to be so terribly bad?

On Wed, 2008-09-03 at 07:44 +1000, Ian Mortimer wrote:
The last time I connected Evolution to Exchange was with 2.12.
At that time it followed the Exchange model: deleted messages were
moved to the "Deleted Items" folder.

This is indeed how it works: it uses the Exchange model.  As far as I
can see, expunge doesn't do anything at all to exchange accounts.
Unselecting "Hide Deleted Messages" doesn't change the contents of my
Inbox even though I have LOTS of messages I've deleted.

To clear out the "Deleted Items" folder I go to that folder, select the
messages I want to be "really deleted", and use "Delete" on them.

I haven't been able to get 2.22.3.1 to work with our Exchange server
except as an imap client so I can't say if that's still the case.

Is your server running Exchange 2007?  I have no problems with Exchange
2003 and Evo 2.22.3.1.