Re: [Evolution] Does Evolution really need to be so terribly bad?

On Sun, 2008-08-31 at 00:13 +1000, Bernhard Beyen wrote:

The first thing I noticed was that emails that have been deleted are moved to
Trash as should be but from there individual deletion of emails is not possible
any more as only the entire folder can be purged.

That's because the Trash folder is a virtual folder not a real folder.
When you delete a message it's not removed, it's just marked as deleted
and not shown by default.  The Trash virtual folder shows all the
messages which have been marked as deleted.

Messages aren't actually deleted until you Expunge the Trash (which
removes all deleted messages) or Expunge in a folder which removes all
deleted messages in that folder.

You can configure evolution to show messages marked for deletion
by unchecking "Hide Deleted Messages" in the View menu.

You can configure evolution to Empty Trash folders automatically at
a set interval in Edit/Preferences/Mail Preferences/General/Delete Mail.

What you can't do (as far as I know) is have deleted or expunged mail
moved to a real (not virtual) Trash folder (which would be a nice option
to have).

--
Ian