Re: [Evolution] Top-posting in Evolution

On Thu, 2008-05-29 at 10:58 -0400, Art Alexion wrote:
On Thu, 2008-05-29 at 00:43 -0400, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

I don't know what your personal preference is, but if like me you
find
yourself first deleting the extra line Evo introduces at the top,
and
then scrolling to the bottom for *every single reply you type* all I
can
say is that it quickly becomes very irritating indeed.

Which is why I always select the text I want to quote *before* hitting
reply.  This select to quote feature is an extremely valuable, if
overlooked feature that is in evo and kmail.  I really miss it when I
have to use a webmail program or that windows program.

I agree. I use it all the time. However the only difference is that you
don't have to delete the stupid extra line at the top. Otherwise it
still leaves the cursor in "wrong" place.

If the logic of not including the extra line is that the user probably
doesn't want to include a salutation, why isn't the cursor placed at the
bottom?

poc