[Evolution] Default outgoing account

In my Evolution setup, I have two accounts... an IMAP/SMTP email account, and an nntp news account. I have the email account set as my default account, yet when I compose a new message, the news account is what's in the From dropdown by default. How can I fix this?

Another issue I have is that the way Evolution is designed, every account must have an outgoing server... even a news account. It didn't give me the option of selecting no outgoing server type, I had to select either Sendmail or SMTP, even though I didn't plan on sending any actual email on that account.