[Evolution] Backup downloaded IMAP email

I'm running Evolution 2.6.3 (Debian Etch) and I have a mail account that is setup to connect to a mail server that is now dead. This server will never be resurrected and my email "backup" is now the contents of my offline folders in Evolution. Now I would like to backup these folders and I believe I know how to do that, simply backup ~.evolution/mail but then I do not know how I would restore it in future. Is it just a matter of replacing the ~/evolution/mail directory on a fresh install? Are there other directories that have infromation that I need?
Also, is there a way to add another email account and have this old account not participate in the Send/Receive?

Thanks!