Re: [Evolution] Evolution 2.22 + MAPI attempt on Ubuntu Hardy

On Wed, 2008-05-07 at 07:59 +0530, Johnny Jacob wrote:
On Wed, 2008-05-07 at 09:34 +1000, Greg Vickers wrote:
I can now check the Exchange MAPI plugin from plugins and re-start
Evolution and it's still checked. However, I cannot create any new
accounts with this type. This is not an option when I create new
accounts.

I have gotten to the same stage on Ubuntu 7.10, i.e. the account type
'MAPI Exchange' does not appear in the account types.

Looks like the provider is not loaded. If the provider is built for
2.12, it is not compatible with 2.22 ( ABI changes).

Hmm, so it's still built against 2.12? Why is this? IIRC I read a month
ago that 2.12 should be dropped in favor of the current release.

If new RPMs are released and the procedure I have done works to get the
plugin running I think, if wanted, there could be a hundreds of testers
available to run the plugin and report bugs.

When/if this works I will write up a Wiki-page or similar with a
complete instructions on how to do it on Ubuntu/Debian.

Rgds,

Thomas Novin