Re: [Evolution] evolution-exchange-mapi-provider plugin disables itself

On Mon, 2008-03-31 at 09:54 +1000, Greg Vickers wrote:
Hi all,

Rick Bilonick wrote:
On Thu, 2008-03-27 at 20:28 -0600, Joseph L. Casale wrote:
After installing this in Fedora Core 8, I can not get the plug-in to activate. After I check it, it
disables itself as soon as I restart Evolution.

Anyone seen this before?

Thanks!
jlc

Here is the well-kept secret (I could not find the original list
messages I received):

export PATH=/opt/samba4:$PATH
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/opt/samba4/lib/pkgconfig:$PKG_CONFIG_PATH
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/samba4/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

<snip snip>

I don't really thing anyone cares about connecting to Exchange 2007. At
least, that's the way it appears to me. (A couple months ago with the
latest patches, I was able to connect to exchange through the web
exchange server evolution plugin. I was even able to get to the global
address list - something I'd never been able to do with the plugin. Of
course, not 2 weeks later the IT switched me to an Exchange 2007 server
(and wouldn't switch me back).)

I've converted the rpm files for the Exchange MAPI plugin into deb
format and installed them on Ubuntu 7.10 successfully.  Ubuntu 7.10 has
Evolution version 2.12.1, I believe the MAPI plugin requires Evolution
version 2.22, right?

When I start Evolution from the menu (i.e. without having set the
environment variables), the Exchange MAPI plugin appears in the list of
plugins (yay!) but ticking it and restarting Evolution does not keep the
plugin enabled.  Setting the environment variables as above and starting
Evolution from that shell means that the plugin stays enabled over
Evolution restarts (yay!) but when I edit my account details, only the
older "Microsoft Exchange" method of receiving email is shown, and we
have an Exchange 2007 server :(

So *I* care about connecting to an Exchange 2007 server, do I *have* to
run the MAPI plugin on Evolution 2.22?  And if not, does anyone have any
tips on getting the MAPI plugin working on Evolution 2.12?

Thanks,

I running 2.12.3 and as long as I execute the exports, the MAPI plugin
loads and I can set up a MAPI account. When I try to connect, I cannot
get it to authenticate and I don't know whether the problem is with
Evolution or with the Exchange 2007 server. I previously posted several
times the error messages I was receiving but received ABSOLUTELY no
repsonse from anyone on houw to proceed. I would have thought the
programmers would have given be some clue as to how to get MAPI working
but it was the wrong thought.

Rick B.