Re: [Evolution] evolution-exchange-mapi-provider plugin disables itself

On Thu, 2008-03-27 at 20:28 -0600, Joseph L. Casale wrote:
After installing this in Fedora Core 8, I can not get the plug-in to activate. After I check it, it
disables itself as soon as I restart Evolution.

Anyone seen this before?

Thanks!
jlc

Here is the well-kept secret (I could not find the original list
messages I received):

export PATH=/opt/samba4:$PATH
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/opt/samba4/lib/pkgconfig:$PKG_CONFIG_PATH
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/samba4/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

This will have to be modified depending where your samba4 is located and
you need to do this (obviously) before you start evolution.

This will fix your problem but whether you will be able to authenticate
to your Exchange 2007 server is anyone's guess.

After posting a bunch of messages trying show what was happening when I
tried to connect, I did not get a SINGLE response from anyone about what
may be going wrong. (People did help with the exports but after that
zip.) So even though I've gotten the mapi plugin to install and
function, I still can't connect through MAPI. I did find out (with help
from this list) that I could connect using IMAP (but only if I'm
connected directly to the wired network).

I don't really thing anyone cares about connecting to Exchange 2007. At
least, that's the way it appears to me. (A couple months ago with the
latest patches, I was able to connect to exchange through the web
exchange server evolution plugin. I was even able to get to the global
address list - something I'd never been able to do with the plugin. Of
course, not 2 weeks later the IT switched me to an Exchange 2007 server
(and wouldn't switch me back).)

Rick B.