Re: [Evolution] Evolution maximum email file size

On Mon, 2008-06-23 at 18:00 -0400, Internaut at Large wrote:
Actually, theoretically, both exim and sendmail will (I just tested
them) if you have a fast enough pipe to send them through, and have
them
configured correctly.

Interesting as trivia. I don't mean to be dismissive, but when I say a
200GB message "isn't going to happen" I don't mean you can't create one
if you really want to, just that realistically it's not going to happen
because most MTAs and ISPs have caps much lower than that.
  And it instantly creates the problem that the OS
won't read the file as a mail file.  Just so you know.

I don't understand what you mean by the OS "not reading them as a mail
file". The OS knows nothing about "mail files". Either the OS balks at
any file of that size, or the problem is in a library somewhere, not the
OS.

poc