Re: [Evolution] Evolution maximum email file size

Greetings,

On Sun, 2008-06-22 at 13:30 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
Evo works perfectly well with Cyrus, which is what I use. I believe it
also works with other popular IMAP servers including Courier and
Dovecot.

Which is why I use Courier.

I feel we're talking past each other. If your server is Courier, which
uses maildir, how come you have a 200GB folder?

Ahh ... I understand the problem.  I use more than one mail server, I
have approximately 15 accounts, all of which evolution checks for me,
and does cross-server filtering, and all sorts of other wonderful
things, which is why it is my mail-reader of choice.

 Maildir folders are
directories so the only way a 200GB file could exist would be as a
single 200GB *message*, which isn't going to happen (no MTA would accept
it).

Actually, theoretically, both exim and sendmail will (I just tested
them) if you have a fast enough pipe to send them through, and have them
configured correctly.  And it instantly creates the problem that the OS
won't read the file as a mail file.  Just so you know.

poc