Re: [Evolution] Evolution -g +x+y ??

On Tue, 2008-06-17 at 16:18 -0400, William Case wrote:
I catch the sarcasm.  But ... in fact, there is two ways.  They might
ultimately be the same but for an ordinary user they look different.
Some applications let the user set the x and y position in gconf.  Other
applications have a Xwindows --geometry +x+y command line switch.

I was careful to say *all* of *my* applications.  Perhaps others have
applications that are different.

There's a more general discussion about this on desktop-devel-list, if
you're interested.  Subject: "Should GNOME apps support a --geometry
option?"

Matthew Barnes