Re: [Evolution] Evolution -g +x+y ??

On Tue, 2008-06-17 at 18:35 -0400, William Case wrote:
Hi Patrick;

On Tue, 2008-06-17 at 17:38 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Tue, 2008-06-17 at 14:12 -0400, William Case wrote:
Hi Patrick;

On Tue, 2008-06-17 at 12:28 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Tue, 2008-06-17 at 11:08 -0400, William Case wrote:
Hi Mathew;
On Tue, 2008-06-17 at 10:25 -0400, Matthew Barnes wrote:
On Sun, 2008-06-15 at 12:43 -0400, William Case wrote:
[snip]

Bill, just for the hell of it, I tried it under Gnome (this is Fedora 9
as you probably know :-). I positioned and sized the Evo window as I
like it, logged out of Gnome and back in again, fired up Evo and there
it was in same position and size as I left it. I didn't play with extra
workspaces, not did I explicitly save the desktop configuration, and
note that I'm not auto-starting Evo (I like to keep the number of
autostart apps to a minimum). Also, I use my own button which just
executes Evo, rather than the builtin one which runs something called
launchmail, but I can't see that making a difference.

That is true for me too.  If and only if, I am opening one application
in a work space.  If you have read the response I wrote you earlier you
will see that I am opening two applications in one work space.  In my
case they are Evolution and Xchat.  As I pointed out the first
application to open returns to its former position but subsequent
programs open in the top left corner.

On the other hand; if you can get two or three or more programs to open
in their former position while I cannot; then you are saying I, Gnome
and Evolution have a much bigger problem than was originally suspected.

If you check the bug suggested by Matthew Barnes, you will see that
there is not a way yet to tell Evolution to always resume at a fixed
position.

Yes, you're right. I had missed the point about it being the first
application to open.

Oh well, yet another reason to stick with KDE :-)

poc