Re: [Evolution] Evolution -g +x+y ??

Hi Patrick;

On Tue, 2008-06-17 at 12:28 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Tue, 2008-06-17 at 11:08 -0400, William Case wrote:
Hi Mathew;
On Tue, 2008-06-17 at 10:25 -0400, Matthew Barnes wrote:
On Sun, 2008-06-15 at 12:43 -0400, William Case wrote:
[snip]

If there is no other way, should I make this a feature request?

I always have Evo in the same position without doing anything special.
Maybe it depends on your desktop. I use KDE but I don't recall doing
anything in particular to set it up.

The problem is I am using gnome.  In gnome, an application remembers its
previous position as long as it is the first application on the screen.
Subsequently opened applications always position themselves in the upper
left corner.

I have set aside workspace 3 for email & chat.  That means I always have
two applications open in that workspace; Evolution and Xchat.  Evolution
is sized to cover 80% of the width of the screen and about 75% of the
height of the screen from the top down.  Xchat, which allows me to
configure its position, fills the bottom 25% and is equal in width to
Evolution.  For the way I like to work, the above arrangement serves me
well; nice, neat, easy to read.

I have tried screwing around with the session manager to change the
order in which Evolution and Xchat load.  That only works for a short
while then something screws up -- I lose my session -- usually my fault,
but that is irrelevant to my question.

--
Regards Bill;
Fedora 9, Gnome 2.22.2