Re: [Evolution] Evolution Windows build (evolution-2.22.1.1-1531.msi) - Problem with EHELO/HELO command not conforming to RFC

Hi Joep,
many thanks for answering.

On Sun, 2008-06-01 at 14:00 +0000, Thomas Hirsch wrote:
Hi,
Really nobody out there having same problem and/or any suggestions?

some more tests showed, that it seems to be dependant of the SMTP server
i want to connect to (some others working well, but unfortunately I have
to use the one causing this error....)

The smtp server which i have to connect to and which throws me "HELO
command not conforming to RFC" error is "smtpmail.t-online.de". Perhaps
anybody out there can recheck on this?

Many thanks in advance
Thomas

Thomas,
I saw that you didn't get an answer in a week. Evolution is not a
Windows program and the developers only work on the Unix (Linux)
yes - but... I really would love to use the same mail client among our
linux and Windows users. And occasionally (and lukily) ther are windows
builds available from time to time. I would love to see them on a more
regular basis and would not mind to test them and report back to the
list/developers.
versions. Bad behaving mail-servers are common and some are more lenient
than others.
Jepp - but in this case, i don't think it's an missbehaving mail-server.
The one in question serves several million T-Online (German Telekom)
accounts/users and just insists on beeing RFC-compliant.
My evolution (version 2.10.3) is rather old but very reliable (Linux)
and uses the standard greeting sentence.
I have no experience with "hacking" of Evolution so I don't know where
the brackets are removed.
Unfortunately i am not an experienced programmer. So i have to stick
with testing/bug filing and perhaps building MSIs due to some binaries
beeing available.
To solve this problem I assume you'll need the source and all the .dll
files (libraries in Windows) and find the problem. I have no knowledge
of people supporting the Windows version of Evolution but maybe somebody
else, with this knowledge can help you (or switch to Linux!!).
I am on Linux, but on Windows as well (as most of my collegues/staff as
well). In addition i would love to encourage more people to use evo as
an alternative to Outlo.., as there is - in my oppinion - no better free
solution than evo out there which will be accepted as an outlo..
surrogate. Others fail because lack of integrated
Kontakts/Kalendars/etc.

Best regards and again many thanks for providing great software and
support.
Thomas