Re: [Evolution] Evolution Windows build (evolution-2.22.1.1-1531.msi) - Problem with EHELO/HELO command not conforming to RFC

On Sun, 2008-06-01 at 14:00 +0000, Thomas Hirsch wrote:
Hi,
Really nobody out there having same problem and/or any suggestions?

some more tests showed, that it seems to be dependant of the SMTP server
i want to connect to (some others working well, but unfortunately I have
to use the one causing this error....)

The smtp server which i have to connect to and which throws me "HELO
command not conforming to RFC" error is "smtpmail.t-online.de". Perhaps
anybody out there can recheck on this?

Many thanks in advance
Thomas
Thomas,
I saw that you didn't get an answer in a week. Evolution is not a
Windows program and the developers only work on the Unix (Linux)
versions. Bad behaving mail-servers are common and some are more lenient
than others.
My evolution (version 2.10.3) is rather old but very reliable (Linux)
and uses the standard greeting sentence.
I have no experience with "hacking" of Evolution so I don't know where
the brackets are removed.
To solve this problem I assume you'll need the source and all the .dll
files (libraries in Windows) and find the problem. I have no knowledge
of people supporting the Windows version of Evolution but maybe somebody
else, with this knowledge can help you (or switch to Linux!!).
Success
Joep