[Evolution] Question about IMAP folders

I'm using Evolution for my email client and have some questions about
how Evolution handles IMAP folders (up until now I've been using POP
only).  I created a test IMAP account over the weekend, and noticed that
when I did that Evolution created three folders under that mail account
heading: Inbox, Junk, and Trash.  I also noticed that within the Inbox
folder were subfolders (Drafts, Sent, and Trash) that matched folders on
the IMAP server. I assume these are the "subscribed" folders that stay
synchronized. This leads to my questions:

1. Organizationally, this is a little confusing.  Why are the imap
folders (drafts, sent, and trash) listed under inbox, rather than at the
same level with it?  Having those within the inbox folder doesn't seem
logical.  On the IMAP server (looking at it via a webmail client,
Hordemail) it shows the main IMAP account with *four* folders under it:
inbox, drafts, sent, and trash. That's how I would expect Evo to handle
it as well.

2. Are the folders, Junk and Trash (the ones listed at the same level as
Inbox) local only?

3. I have a couple of POP mail accounts I would like to switch to IMAP.
To do this, do I just create new IMAP accounts with the same name and
folder structure and then drag mail from one to the other?

Thanks for any help.  I appreciate it.

Pat