Re: [Evolution] Question about IMAP folders

On Mon, 2008-01-28 at 08:49 -0500, Patrick M. Kelecy wrote:
1. Organizationally, this is a little confusing.  Why are the imap
folders (drafts, sent, and trash) listed under inbox, rather than at
the
same level with it?  Having those within the inbox folder doesn't seem
logical.  On the IMAP server (looking at it via a webmail client,
Hordemail) it shows the main IMAP account with *four* folders under
it:
inbox, drafts, sent, and trash. That's how I would expect Evo to
handle
it as well.

What you are seeing via webmail is just based on the web programmer's
choice of presentation and may not really reflect the structure on the
server.  Evo will basically present you with the structure on the
server.  You may be able to move the folders using Evo to suit your
needs.  Drag and drop as you would local folders.

2. Are the folders, Junk and Trash (the ones listed at the same level
as
Inbox) local only?

No local folders are listed under "On This Computer"

3. I have a couple of POP mail accounts I would like to switch to
IMAP.
To do this, do I just create new IMAP accounts with the same name and
folder structure and then drag mail from one to the other?

I'm not clear on what you want to accomplish.  To begin understanding
IMAP, just envision that Evo is presenting you with the folders as they
appear on your ISP's server.  When you do things with folders in Evo,
you are making the changes on the server.  It is not the same, but
comparable to using FTP to move files and folders on a server.

--
Art Alexion
MIS