Re: [Evolution] New Evolution installation -- three short questions

** Reply to message from "Art Alexion" <art RHD ORG> on Mon, 14 Jan 2008
09:00:04 -0500

On Mon, 2008-01-14 at 01:42 -0500, Stan Goodman wrote:
Additional question (I joined this list only last night}: Is it
possible
to configure the list so that it is THE LIST'S address that comes
up in
replying, rather than the composer's?

That's a holy war issue.  IMHO the evo list is correct, the reply is
set
to the sender - if you want to reply to the list, then do Ctrl-L.
It's
done that way so that you have to make a conscious effort to send a
message to thousands of people.

Clear. On most lists that I have joined, people don't want to get
private email from other users; I guess I'm used to that. Since you
wrote yours to the list, I suppose I should reply the same way; I hope
that's right.

Truly a holy war issue.  My thought is why have a list if you are only
going to be replying to a single person.  I find it much easier to
remember the rare occasion when a private response is warranted.  With
this list, I too often tend to send private responses when I meant to
reply to the list, but so be it.

Well said. Or, for those who like to keep things intimate, at least provide a
user option.

--
Stan Goodman
Qiryat Tiv'on

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." -- Gen. George S. Patton