Re: [Evolution] Asking for password everytime when open evolution

I am using Ubuntu 7.10.
Evolution - 2.12.0 ( default with ubuntu 7.10 )
I have an AD on windows 2003 server R2 and an Microsoft exchange 2003 SP2.
I am using my AD account to login in Ubuntu.
I followed two way to authenticate against AD 1.) kerberos+winbind+PAM+SAmBA
2) LDAP+PAM+Kerberos

In both way I got stuck in accessing evolution with password. But windows file servers shares can be easily browsed.
No, I haven't checked any option regarding saving password for future session as I like to authenticate myself with the AD account that I will only input one time that is at startup time.

All the tabs properties from Edit->Preference->Select Mail Account->Edit:
 1. Identity:
         Name: john abc com
         Full name: John Anders
  Email Address: john abc com
 2. Receiving Mail:
 Server Type: Microsoft Exchange
 Username: john
 OWA URL : http://exchange-server-ip
  Auth Type: Plaintext Password

 3. Receiving Option:
 GAL: IP of Exchange server
 Limit # of GAL responses: 500

No Exchange Key in keyring.
Hope this helps.
Paul Smith <psmith gnu org> wrote:
On Sun, 2008-01-06 at 06:55 -0800, Tanveer Chowdhury wrote:
> I have joined a ubuntu PC in our windows 2003 server and made AD users
> authenticate against the AD in Ubuntu. Now I can easily login in
> Ubuntu with AD account and password. Now I configured evolution with
> exchange connector and can send / receive mail easily. But the problem
> is after login with AD username and password whenever I open evolution
> it asks for AD password and I mean everytime. But if I keep evolution
> open then no problem. Just when you click to open evolution its asking
> for AD password.
> Any idea how to stop that?
> FYI, I can easily access windows file servers accesses without getting
> the prompt for password.
> Please help me on this as I just got stuck in it and a deadline is
> ahead to move a lots of windows users to linux that is ubuntu with
> evolution.

Please provide us with some basic information: what version of Ubuntu
are you using? What version of Evolution are you using (use
Help->About).

Do you have to use an AD domain when you log in, or just the default
domain?

Have you checked the box in the password dialog that says "save for
future sessions" or similar? If you go to Edit -> Preferences, select
Mail Accounts and your Exchange account then click Edit, then go to the
Receiving Options tab, what options do you have selected?

If you go to System -> Administration -> Keyring Manager, do you see an
Exchange key in the keyring?

Paul D. Smith Find some GNU make tips at:
http://www.gnu.org http://make.mad-scientist.us