Re: [Evolution] Applying filters automatically.

The answer according to IMAP is to check the "new" flag that the server
is supposed to maintain for you.  You can ask the IMAP server to send
you ONLY the messages marked as "new".  Very fast, very easy.

Now that I think about it, I'm not sure that this 'new' flag is crucial.  Whatever method Evo is using to say "give me the new mail" is already doing a good job of getting the mail.  Even if some notifier has tripped some flag about the mail, Evo still gets it.

So, the question is what is the logic after Evo has downloaded new messages (or just headers).  Evo has asked for new mail, gotten it, recorded it and perhaps knows that some of it has been marked on the server as "read" or not.  Each of those messages it has just downloaded should have the filters applied, I would think.  Or maybe just the ones that the server has not marked as read.

-Steve