Re: [Evolution] POP3 mbox performance and auto-expunging?

On Wed, 2008-08-20 at 22:55 -0400, Jeff wrote:
Interestingly, although thunderbird's "Mail" folder weighted 2 GiB
tonight (after compression, mind you), when I imported the mbox files
into evolution, for the same amount of messages, evolution used only
350 MiB or so. I'm pretty impressed on that.

Sorry, but that makes no sense. The only explanation I can think of is
that the TB version wasn't actually compressed, either because you
forgot to do it or because a bug prevented it from happening.

"Compression" of mbox mail folders merely consists in copying them and
skipping over the deleted messages. It has nothing to do with the usual
meaning of "compression" (zip, gzip, etc.). In principle every mail
client that does this should get the same result.

poc