[Evolution] How can I merge my restored Evo mail with todays read mail ??

Hi;

I have just had to completely remove my gconf and re-set all my
configurations.  (Don't ask; its a long story.)

I had backed up Evo as of yesterday so when I restored I got back most
of my configuration of Evo, plus mail etc. but by doing so I have
eliminated a day's worth of mail.  Todays mail has been saved in a
separate rsync backup.  My ISP is a POP3, SMTP account.

Is there any way I can merge the rsync backup mail with the restored Evo
mail or is there a way to retrieve a days worth of read mail from my
ISP?

It would not the end of the world if I can't merge the two, but it would
be nice to have a continuum of mail threads.

--
Regards Bill;
Fedora 9, Gnome 2.22.3