Re: [Evolution] Tasks in Calendar view

On Tue, 2007-09-25 at 16:45 +0200, Milan Crha wrote:
On Tue, 2007-09-25 at 07:30 -0700, Michael M. wrote:

I would love to be able to prevent the display of completed tasks as
well, without having to purge them.  It can be useful to keep around
completed tasks for a time, for various purposes, but that doesn't mean
I want them clogging up the various ways to view tasks.  I would like a
way to view only uncompleted tasks.

Evolution 2.10.3 in Debian Lenny (testing)

      Hello,
try Edit->Preferences->Calendar and tasks, tab "Display", item "Hide
completed tasks".

Works for me, even sometimes it needs a program "restart".

Well how did I miss that?!  Thanks to you and Chentill for the pointer.

Sometimes I don't kick myself for missing a configuration option I
thought didn't exist because sometimes said option is buried hopelessly
or in a completely ridiculous place.  This one, however, is not.

Turning that option on and setting it to "1 day" makes older Memos
disappear from Calendar view as well.  I use Memos sparingly -- in fact,
I use Memos for things I want to keep around permanently -- so I really
didn't intend for that to happen.  I could see it being desirable for
people with lots of memos, though.  I guess the only solution would be
to have settings for Tasks and Memos that allow users to configure the
hiding options separately, but that is probably more trouble than it's
worth.  The Memos still exist and I know where to find them when I need
them.

--
Michael M.