Re: [Evolution] How to subscribe to public folder on an cyrus imap server

Hi,

I am still not getting anywhere.

Your Cyrus installation seems to use the (default) structure of having
all your folder space below INBOX.
 Mine has a rootless structure, with
my folders at the same level as INBOX, so the Subscriptions dialogue
shows something like this:

All my personal folders are below INBOX - thats correct. But the public
folders (the ones I cannot see) are on the same level (at least they
show up on the same level in Thunderbird).

When I connect to our cyrus via 'cyradm --user <my-id> localhost' and do
a 'listmailboxes' I get a structure like:

INBOX
INBOX.Archive
INBOX.(and so on..)
..
public1
public2.sub1
public2.sub2

From an cyrus-admin account it looks like:

user.<id-1>.INBOX
user.<id-2>.INBOX
public1
public2.sub...

One thing: Evo has several alternate IMAP implementations, not all of
them of the same level of quality. Although you say you're on Ubuntu and
so presumably are using the standard package, if by any chance you
compiled it yourself it might be worth making sure you used the default
config options (i.e. no extra switches related to IMAP in
the ./configure script). Just a thought.

I am using the Ubuntu default package. Of course maybe the guys from
ubuntu compiled Evo without public-folder-support. I haven't checked
that yet. But I cannot imagine any good reason to disable IMAP public
folder support as it is one big advantage of IMAP over POP3.

I first tried to use public folders with Evo now sinc more than six
month. I tried it on Debian, Fedora and Ubuntu and could never access my
public folders on a Cyrus system. I also tried Cyrus on FreeBSD and
Cyrus on CentOS and Cyrus on Debian 3.1.

This public folder thing seems quite mysterious to me. First and
foremost because it works for other people.

But what about this here (quite a bit outdated - i know):
http://www.citadel.org/doku.php/faq:favoriteclient:why_don_t_i_see
Not supporting IMAP public folders is a no-go in my oppinion and has
hopefully changed since that FAQ entry was written.

I am wondering if I can ever make Evolution show my public folders...

 - Christian