Re: [Evolution] How to subscribe to public folder on an cyrus imap server

On Sat, 2007-09-22 at 14:29 +0200, Christian Kieft wrote:
Hi Patrick,

thank you for your quick answer.
Well, to be really obvious, have you tried Folder->Subscriptions? I use
public folders on a Cyrus IMAP server, without overriding the namespace,
and everything works. I've been doing this since before 2.10.1.

Yes, I have tried that. The public folders do not show up. There is only
my "INBOX" and the subfolders of INBOX.
But it is nice to hear that evo supports public folders.

Your Cyrus installation seems to use the (default) structure of having
all your folder space below INBOX. Mine has a rootless structure, with
my folders at the same level as INBOX, so the Subscriptions dialogue
shows something like this:

                AA
                AB
                DA
                        DAA
        Public
                Public-1
                Public-2

I don't know how it would appear for you. Just make sure you've hit the
Refresh button (to be obvious again) and scroll to the bottom.

Is it possible that any flags of the folders (on the cyrus side) prevent
evolution to show the folders?
Or could any other cyrus configuration option be the reason?

Not that I know of, especially if it works for other clients.

One thing: Evo has several alternate IMAP implementations, not all of
them of the same level of quality. Although you say you're on Ubuntu and
so presumably are using the standard package, if by any chance you
compiled it yourself it might be worth making sure you used the default
config options (i.e. no extra switches related to IMAP in
the ./configure script). Just a thought.

poc