Re: [Evolution] How to subscribe to public folder on an cyrus imap server

On Sat, 2007-09-22 at 13:11 +0200, Christian Kieft wrote:
Hello,

we are using a Cyrus IMAP Server with public folders as
some kind of mailing-list.

I am wondering how to subscribe to these public folders (they
are not in INBOX.*). It works flawless with Thunderbird, Outlook
and K-Mail. However I am not able to view the folders in Evolution
(2.10.1).

I have noticed the "Namespace" option in the settings dialogue and I
tried an empty string and a dot "." but the public folders don't show
up.

I have googled around for some time now - I cannot imagine that I am the
only one who wants to access public folders on an IMAP server. I found
out that it works with the outlook connector but that is not what I
need.

I hope that I am not missing any obvious configuration option. Evolution
Version is 2.10.1 (Ubuntu 7.04).

Well, to be really obvious, have you tried Folder->Subscriptions? I use
public folders on a Cyrus IMAP server, without overriding the namespace,
and everything works. I've been doing this since before 2.10.1.

poc