Re: [Evolution] Processes still running after logging out

On Tue, 2007-09-04 at 12:43 +0530, Veerapuram Varadhan wrote:
On Tue, 2007-09-04 at 02:35 -0400, Paul Smith wrote:
On Mon, 2007-09-03 at 14:52 +0800, Murray Trainer wrote:
Why would the clock applet still be running after the user logs out?

Also, I'm using KDE (so no gnome-panel) and have the same problem as
Murray.

poc

Glad I'm not the only one with this issue.  We are using KDE as well so
I don't think gnome panel is running.

Alternatively, is there anyone running Evolution 2.10.1 under KDE not
having processes hanging around after logout?  If so, a list of
relevant rpm versions would be helpful.

I find it highly unlikely that it's the clock still running that's
keeping things going.

Since it seems that people having this problem are running KDE, I think
the simplest explanation is that the Gnome system sends a message to
things like e-d-s when the user logs out (I don't know how: using d-bus
or something maybe) telling it that the user logged out, then e-d-s
stops.

If you're not running Gnome base infrastructure, then this message is
not sent and e-d-s is not stopped.

All the above is pure guesswork on my part (since I do use Gnome, not
KDE, this issue doesn't affect me).  However, it seems to fit the
reported behavior.

Hmm... is Beagle running under your KDE environment and have you got
evolution-sharp installed?

Having asked the question - Beagle is supposedly a per user daemon, that
should quit when user logs out.

HTH,

V. Varadhan

Beagle has been removed and we don't have evolution-sharp as we don't
need mono related stuff at this stage.

Murray